Adult Care (IEPA)
Independent End-point Assessor – Adult Care Levels 2 and 3 Apprenticeship Standards
We are recruiting Independent End-point Assessors (IEAs) for the following Apprenticeship Standards:
- Adult Care Worker Levels 2
- Lead Adult Care Level 3
As an IEPA, you will be the key person in the decision-making process of apprenticeship outcomes for Skillsfirst Assess Independent End-point Assessment Service.
The primary focus of this role is to liaise with organisations offering Skillsfirst Assess as the Independent End-point Assessment Service to their employers; planning and carrying out assessment activities and ensuring consistency of grading decisions. You will also share and interpret your decisions as part of standardisation meetings as a specialist in the Health and Social Care industry, working with other IEPA’s for internal training, moderation and standardisation purposes. Having gained expertise and credibility through having worked in the industry, you will be keen to be part of a team looking to develop Health and Social Care professionals of the future and wish to make use of your industry technical knowledge in this area.
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified to a professional level (minimum level 3) in Health and Social Care
- Possession of a L5 Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care qualification is desirable, but it is not essential
- Demonstrable evidence of current occupational and/or continuing professional development in Health and Social Care
- Evidence of previous experience of providing supportive, constructive and robust feedback to both learners and/or direct reports.
- Experience of providing feedback to learners or direct reports as an assessor, IQA or as a manager
- Assessor qualification (Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment, Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, A1 or D32/D33)
- Internal Quality Assurance qualification (Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice, V1, or D34)
- Possession of an external verification qualification is desirable, but it is not essential as full training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be home based and will be contracted to Skillsfirst Assess on an annual basis. Fees and expenses are paid per learner, on completion of end-point assessment.
Closing date: Ongoing recruitment
Interview date: Selection days will be held on a monthly basis
If you would like to apply for the post of Independent End-point Assessor then please send a covering letter and a current CV to: