AOD3 – VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 3 Diploma in Administrative Operations (RQF)
Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services.
This qualification has been designed to meet both employer and individual demand for learners to meet the knowledge and competences outlined in the Business Administrator Apprenticeship standard. These include:
- understanding the organisation and stakeholders
- understanding administrative legislation, regulations and internal policies
- understanding how to apply and administer business fundamentals and processes
- using business computer applications to carry out business administrative activities
- producing records, reports and documents to carry out business administrative activities
- making decisions to improve business administrative performance
- using interpersonal skills to effectively carry out business administrative activities
- using effective communication to carry out business administrative activities
- carrying out and identifying improvements to business administrative activities
- planning, organising and carrying out business administrative activities
- project management
The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills. The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem- solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others.
The primary target group for this qualification would be all Apprentices who are enrolled on a Business Administrator standard. As a ‘stand-alone’ qualification, however, it would also appeal to learners in any sector that involved administrative responsibilities, such as, but not limited to:
- administration officer/executive
- administration team leader/office supervisor
- personal assistant
and people looking for CPD for recognition, re-skilling or to advance their career.
On completion of this qualification you could progress onto the following Skillsfirst qualifications:
- VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service (RQF)
- VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 3 Diploma in Team Management (RQF)
- VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 5 Diploma in Operational and Departmental Management (RQF)
or similar higher-level qualifications.
If you feel that this qualification does not suit your current job role then you could look at the VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (RQF) which is for administrative staff not in a supervisory position.
All 11 modules from Group M must be achieved to gain the qualification:
Minimum Guided Learning Hours (GLH) are 370
Total Qualification Time (TQT) is 550
|Qualification number||Qualification reference|
Group M – mandatory units
|RQF unit no||Skillsfirst |
|K/616/9569||AO1||Understand the organisation and stakeholders||45|
|D/616/9570||AO2||Understand administrative legislation, regulations and internal policies||45|
|H/616/9571||AO3||Understand how to apply and administer business fundamentals and processes||45|
|K/616/9572||AO4||Use business computer applications to carry out business administrative activities||35|
|M/616/9573||AO5||Produce records, reports and documents to carry out business administrative activities||30|
|T/616/9574||AO6||Make decisions to improve business administrative performance||30|
|A/616/9575||AO7||Use interpersonal skills to effectively carry out business administrative activities||25|
|F/616/09576||AO8||Use effective communication to carry out business administrative activities||30|
|J/616/9577||AO9||Carry out and identify improvements to business administrative activities||30|
|L/616/9578||AO10||Plan, organise and carry out business administrative activities||25|
To find out more, please contact our customer services team on 0121 270 5100 or email us.