IIC3 – VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 3 Certificate in Investigative Interviewing (RQF)
Investigative interviewing is an essential aspect of the investigative process for a number of job roles, including:
- Public and private sector investigation
- HR workplace investigators
- Health and Safety Officers
- Financial Services
- Legal Services
- Audit and Compliance
This qualification will give you an understanding of investigative techniques and the opportunity to apply them practically. On completion, you will have received a broad understanding of the following aspects:
- how to carry out an investigative interview
- the range of questioning techniques
- the key features of legislation relating to investigative techniques
- the roles and responsibilities of an investigative interviewer
- the purposes, uses, methods and techniques of cognitive interviewing
- the impact of legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines in relation to information and evidence gathering activities
- how to use a range of evidence and gathering methods including questioning techniques to collect ‘admissible’ evidence
The qualification is ideal if you wish to gain employment in the justice or public sector, or would like to accredit your existing competence within investigative interviewing.
The qualification also provides a foundation for you to progress onto higher level study. This learning could be vocational, leading to competence in a job role, or academia. Examples of vocational qualifications are those relating to, but not limited to:
• fire and rescue services
• court services
• public services
This qualification does not require you to have any prior qualifications or levels of prior learning. There is no minimum age requirement for this qualification.
This qualification is supported by employers and agencies within the Justice and Public Sectors and was developed in partnership with Intersol Global.
To achieve this qualification learners must complete 16 credits. Learners must achieve all 16 credits from Group M.
The total qualification time (TQT) is 161
Minimum Guided Learning Hours (GLH) are 95
|Qualification number||Qualification reference|
Group M – Mandatory units
|Unit title||Credit value|
|A/507/9770||II1||Understanding investigative interviewing||7|
|F/507/9771||II2||Gathering information and evidence using investigative interviewing||9|
To find out more about our registration/certification fees, contact our customer services team on
0121 270 5100 or email us