FTD5 – VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 5 Diploma in Financial Trading (RQF)
Financial traders buy and sell shares, bonds and assets for investors, including individuals and banks. They make prices and execute trades, seeking to maximise assets or minimise financial risk. Typical work activities include:
• speaking with colleagues, making phone calls and making instant decisions;
• making prices in their relevant products;
• executing trades electronically or by phone;
• liaising with sales traders/clients on market movements;
• predicting how markets will move and buying and selling accordingly;
• informing all relevant parties of the most relevant trades for the day;
• gathering information – critically about mispriced assets, detailed data analysis and valuation.
This qualification will provide the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding for those wishing to work as a financial trading professional or to enhance the CPD of those who are currently operating as a:
• flow trader
• proprietary trader
• sales trader
or other related roles.
The Level 5 Diploma in Financial Trading (RQF) has therefore been designed to provide a combination of knowledge and performance-based units which cover:
• the analysis of financial markets,
• the application of this analysis using different trading techniques and
• an understanding of financial products, such as shares, fixed-interest bonds and foreign exchange (FX) markets, and their associated risks.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress onto higher level qualifications in accountancy, economics, business, or other related sectors.
Centres may find the following website helpful for materials and resources to assist with the delivery of this qualification; please click here
All units from Group M must be achieved to gain the qualification.
Total Qualification Time (TQT) is 440
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) are 311
|Qualification number||Qualification reference|
Group M – Mandatory units
|D/507/1967||FT1||Financial markets and their analysis|
|R/508/5946||FT3||Financial trading techniques|
To find out more about our registration/certification fees, contact our customer services team on
0121 270 5100 or email us