CPBA1 – VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll for Business (RQF)
VTCT (Skillsfirst) and Sage UK have worked in partnership to develop a suite of computerised bookkeeping and payroll qualifications.
This level 1 qualification provides an introduction to computerised payroll, record keeping and processing.
Please note: this qualification is only accessible to learners who have internet access. Any learners who do not have access to the internet, please consider PBA1 – VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 1 Award in Payroll for Business (RQF)
Every learner is provided with a study pack which includes:
- Access to comprehensive, interactive online learning support materials
- A FREE copy of the latest Sage 50 Accounts Professional or Payroll software (for six months)
- Access to expert support
- Related simulations to practice as you need them
- Valuable skills to control your business
- Hard copy learner workbooks if required (at an additional cost through Sage)
The qualification covers the basic features associated with payroll, including:
- Setting up the company details
- Entering employee records
- Calculating gross pay
- Processing the first payroll
- Running all the reports required including payslips
Once you have achieved this qualification you could find employment as a:
- Payroll Assistant
- Payroll Clerk
- Payroll Administrator
- Assistant Accountant or in another similar job role.
If you feel that you already have a basic knowledge and understanding of this area then you could consider the Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Payroll for Business (RQF).
This qualification does not require you to have any prior qualifications or levels of prior learning. There is no minimum age requirement for this qualification.
On completion of this qualification you could progress onto any of the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Payroll for Business (RQF)
Centres may find the following website helpful for materials and resources to assist with the delivery of this qualification; please click here
To achieve this qualification, learners must achieve all three units from Group M..
Total Qualification Time (TQT) is 90 hours
Minimum Guided Learning Hours (GLH) are 62
|Qualification number||Qualification reference|
Group M – mandatory units
|Unit title||Credit Value|
|F/505/1145||CAB14||Making gross pay calculations||2|
|T/505/1157||CAB16||Computerised payroll administration||4|
Skillsfirst customers wishing to offer this qualification should complete a qualification approval form. Learner email addresses must be provided on registration, as these are used by Sage to provide logins to the online learning and assessment platform.
To find out about registration/certification fees, contact our customer services team on 0121 270 5100 or email us.