LGBTHC2 – Train the Trainer Workshop
To support the delivery of our LGBTHC2 – VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 2 Certificate in LGBT Inclusivity in a Health and Social Care Environment (RQF) qualification, we are delighted to offer Train the Trainer Workshops.
In light of the current changes to our working environments, and in order to meet demand for these workshops, we are pleased to offer our interactive workshops remotely.
Hosted over two sessions, delegates will be given the background knowledge and understanding to offer this qualification, have the opportunity to interact with other attendees, and be able to ask difficult questions in a safe environment.
Attendance will provide you with the relevant competence to deliver this funded qualification.
The range of units contained in this qualification will enable the delegate to gain an understanding of:
- the history and culture of the LGBT movement, some of the barriers to receiving care, as well as the importance of using appropriate language, not stereotyping nor making assumptions about LGBT people.
- the need for LGBT personal data and information to be collected.
- the need for positive partnership working for LGBT people receiving care and how to promote and support mental well-being for LGBT people.
- how cultural and religious beliefs impact on LGBT people receiving care and how stigma and discrimination negatively impacts the mental health of LGBT people.
- how to provide support to LGBT people with a learning disability.
- how dementia impacts on LGBT people
- how to respond sensitively to the wishes of an LGBT person at end of life.
To register your interest in the workshop, please email [email protected]