PWC02 – VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (RQF)
The Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (RQF) qualification provides a solid foundation for those of you who may have a basic awareness of adult social care or be new to the sector as a whole. It is accessible for all ages, such as:
- school leavers who are eligible for employment
- pre-apprenticeship programmes
- adult returners
- or those undergoing a career change and who may want to understand more about working in health and social care.
This qualification does not require you to have any prior qualifications or levels of previous learning. There is no minimum age requirement for this qualification.
Job roles where this qualification is linked to could include but are not restricted to:
- Care assistants/Care assistants/support workers/key workers in residential settings
- Healthcare Assistants/Healthcare assistants / support workers in community and primary care environments
- Healthcare assistants / support workers in acute health environments
- Care assistants/support workers/key workers in domiciliary services
- Care assistants/support workers/key workers in day services
- Support workers in supported living projects
This qualification aims to introduce you to the knowledge surrounding the following fundamental areas of adult social care:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Personal development
- Role of the social care worker
- Handling information
- Health and Safety
- Duty of Care
- Person-centred approaches
It does not confirm occupational competence but relates to the knowledge elements covered in the units of the Level 2 Diploma in Care (RQF). Learners progressing to the Level 2 Diploma in Care will therefore have gained the underpinning knowledge for these units.
This qualification is supported by employers nationwide and delivered by colleges and training providers. For a list of those delivering this qualification please contact our customer services team.
It is anticipated that learners who complete this qualification will progress on to the Level 2 Diploma in Care.
If your job role requires a more advanced level of knowledge then you could chose the Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care.
Learners must achieve a total of 20 credits taken up by mandatory units.
Minimum guided learning hours – 179
Total Qualification Time – 200
|Qualification number||Qualification reference|
Group M – mandatory units
|Unit title||Credit value|
|H/601/5474||SHC24||Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings||1|
|H/602/3039||PWSC23||Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings||2|
|J/602/3180||PWSC26||Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings||4|
|L/602/2905||PWSC21||Principles of communication in adult social care settings||2|
|L/602/3035||PWSC22||Principles of personal development in adult social care settings||2|
|R/602/3179||PWSC27||Understand health and safety in social care settings||4|
|A/601/8574||HSC024||Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care||3|
|A/602/3113||PWSC25||Understand the role of the social care worker||1|
|Y/602/3118||PWSC28||Understand how to handle information in social care settings||1|
To find out more about our registration/certification fees, contact our customer services team on
0121 270 5100 or email us