EYD3 – VTCT (Skillsfirst) Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People’s Workforce (Early Years Educator) (RQF)
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) (RQF) will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
Job roles could include but are not restricted to:
• Nursery Nurse
• Playgroup Leader
• Senior Play worker
• Childminder working on their own at home
or any other role where you are working closely with children.
This serves as the required qualification (for all new practitioners) for registration and regulatory requirements in the sector and has been designed to:
- provide a broad background understanding of the early learning workforce sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge required
- provide an awareness of the range of jobs and work settings in the early learning sector
- enable you to make an informed assessment of your aptitude for work in this sector and to make informed decisions about careers
- encourage you to reach a level of knowledge and skills that will facilitate progress into further vocational learning or to potential employment in the sector
- introduce you to the discipline of the working environment and encourage mature attitudes to the community in general
- encourage you to value continued learning and remain in the learning process
- allow you to learn, develop and practice selected skills required for progression in the sector
- provide opportunities for progression to the relevant Level 4/5 Diplomas or Foundation/Honours Degrees in the sector
If you are looking to up-skill and/or advance to a managerial role within childcare then you might consider taking Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (RQF).
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress onto the:
• Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (RQF).
or progress into a more senior role within the childcare environment.
This qualification is supported nationwide by employers. For a list of Training Providers and Colleges who deliver this qualification in your area, contact our customer services team.
Learners must complete all 61 credits in Group M to achieve the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (Early Years Educator)
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) are 402
Total Qualification Time is 613
|Qualification number||Qualification reference|
Group M Mandatory units
|Unit title||Credit value|
|L/507/5030||EYE1||Support numeracy and literacy development in children||5|
|Y/507/5032||EYE2||Understand and promote child development||6|
|F/507/9396||EYE3||Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and practitioners||5|
|J/507/9397||EYE4||Promote the health and safety of children||5|
|T/507/5037||EYE5||Partnership working with key person, colleagues and other professionals||4|
|A/507/5038||EYE6||Be able to support organisational processes and procedures for recording, storing and sharing information||2|
|D/507/5041||EYE7||Promote the health and well-being of children||5|
|L/507/5044||EYE8||Promote learning and development in the early years||5|
|D/507/5047||EYE9||Promote diversity, equality and inclusion within the early years sector||2|
|R/507/9399||EYE10||Engage in personal development in an early years settings||5|
|L/507/9398||EYE11||Context and principles for early years provision||7|
|H/507/9276||EYE12||Lead and manage a community based early years setting||6|
|T/507/9279||EYE13||Promote the well-being and resilience of children and young people||4|
To find out more about our registration/certification fees, contact our customer services team on
0121 270 5100 or email us